Shear Bolt lugs and connectors are used for terminating aluminium or copper conductors in applications up to 12kV or 36kV. Shear Bolt technology allows installation of the lugs and connectors using a regular wrench or a spanner, no crimping or other special tools are needed.
• Shear Bolt technology allows installation of the lugs using a regular wrench or a spanner, no crimping or other special tools are needed.
• Morek Shear Bolt cable lugs are range taking products that can be used with conductors of varying crosssections, accommodating a wide range of conductors
with only a few items.
• Shear Bolt lugs’ specially designed aluminium bodies are made of high-strength aluminium alloy and are tin-plated, allowing their use with both aluminium and
• Bolts made of aluminium or tin-plated brass are designed to break at the exact torque required for best electrical connection.
• Shear Bolts are treated with special antioxidation grease to ensure the lubrication and eliminate all kinds of oxidation in places of electrical contact.
• All Morek Shear Bolt lugs are watertight and suitable for indoor and outdoor installation, to be used with solid, stranded, sector shaped and round conductors
with plastic or oil-impregnated paper isolation.
• Shear Bolt lugs are compatible with most termination kits by many manufacturers. Compact design requires less installation space, especially for larger sizes.
Certification and regulations: Tested according to IEC61238-1 class A